You are planning to or have already moved to a new apartment. Or may be you want to redo the interior decoration of the apartment you are already staying in. Decorating your apartment can be a fun job provided you plan well. Here are some apartment decorating tips for you to keep in mind.
1. The most important apartment decorating tip anyone will give you is to plan well. Coming up with a realistic budget is extremely important. Now plan what you want to do in each room. Pore over decorating magazines and surf the internet for ideas. Write or draw the things you would like in your bedroom, living room, dining room and kitchen. Decide everything, including the color of the walls, wall decorations, furniture, curtains, drapes and lighting.
2. Having a not-so-huge budget does not mean that you can’t have a beautiful home. It only means that you have to be smart and creative. Yard sales and flea markets will save you a whole lot of money if you are not too snobbish about using second-hand stuff! You will get wonderful vintage items in estate sales. Choose items that will suit the theme you want in your apartment.
3. If you are good with your hands, you can sew the curtains and drapes of your apartment after buying the material. It will not only help you save money, you will also have a lot of fun doing it. You can also make decorative items from used objects.
4. If you are on a tight budget why don’t you do the painting of your new apartment yourself? Everyone in the family can join in. Not only will you have fun, you will also be able to spend quality time with your loved ones.
5. Apartments tend to be small so it’s important to use furniture, lighting and colors in a way that will make it look bigger than it really is. Buy furniture that is slender and not chunky. They will not only save up space, but will also look trendier. Asymmetrical shelves look modern. They also provide a place for keeping books and knick-knacks. Wrap-around sofas are cool to look at. Buy one in a dark color.
6. Use bright and happy colors on the walls of your apartment. They will create a warm ambiance and an illusion of space.
7. Avoid using too much upholstery if your apartment is not too big.
8. The dining area should be given special importance. Choosing a foldable dining table is a great idea if you want to save space. Keep this area simple, warm and friendly where the whole family can sit down and enjoy mealtimes.
9. Got a lot of household stuff you want to hide? Store them under the bed! It makes a great storage place for items you don’t need everyday.
10. Use mirrors to create an illusion of space in your apartment. Placing large mirrors strategically makes a room look larger than t is.
Interior decorating your home is not a chore. It’s fun and fulfilling! Follow these apartment decorating tips to create a home you have always wanted.