Your bedroom is your escape from the rest of the world, your place to relax and recharge. Here are 9 simple bedroom makeover ideas to help freshen the look of your most important room.
1. Beautiful bedding. Create a whole new look with a stylish comforter or duvet. With a new duvet cover and matching shams, you can go from modern to classic, graphic to girly, rustic to retro, in a snap.
2. Perfect paint palette. Paint your walls in restful shades of greens, blues and lavenders to create a feeling of calmness and serenity, or rich hues of amber and brown to envelop you in cozy warmth.
3. Design under foot. Adding a decorative area rug can easily amp up a plain room. Rugs can even go over existing neutral toned wall to wall carpeting.
4. Revamp old furniture. Hold off on buying new furniture. Breathe new life into old dressers and nightstands with a fresh coat of paint.
5. Next, replace old drawer handles and pulls with decorative ones. Add personality and style to plain or inexpensive furniture with this low effort trick.
6. Go green with plants. Houseplants improve air quality and even lift the mood. Adorn your bedroom with potted plants or small containers on a windowsill. Plants literally make a room come to life.
7. Create a great view with wallpaper murals. A tropical wall mural can transform a drab room into a romantic retreat, while an Asian wall mural infuses a relaxation and tranquility.
8. Go exotic. Drape yards and yards of flowing cotton gauze in a natural tone to a bed canopy. Create a dreamy, amorous space to enjoy.
9. Contain the clutter. Stow papers and books in bedside tables, under the bed, or in decorative baskets. Maintain an organized bedroom and it will be even more relaxing and inviting.