Rae Dunn has created quite a following with her beautiful ceramic pieces, most popular being the white with simple, black font. Everything from mugs to cookies jars to bake ware are all over Instagram and Pinterest. Although it has become more difficult to have “luck” finding these pieces in stores like Marshalls and TJMaxx, excited collectors can purchase her pottery online from places like eBay or individual sellers on Instagram. (And trust me, once you’ve begun your collection, it is hard to stop!)
SO ONCE YOU’VE PURCHASED YOUR SHARE OF THESE AWESOME CERAMICS, THE QUESTION BECOMES, “WHAT DO YOU DO WITH THEM”?
I’ve come up with a list of five ways to incorporate your RD pieces into your farmhouse design décor.
- Functional: Put those beautiful plates, bakeware, and serving platters to work! Oftentimes I’ve seen people display their homemade goodies in their Rae Dunn bakeware. Or maybe you capture your child eating their cereal out of a Rae Dunn bowl. Or set your table and use for everyday ware with family and friends.
- Mug Selfies: Probably the most popular way to display your Rae Dunn, is through a “mug selfie”. In other words, holding up your mug in a décor shot adds an element of dimension and it can also bring to light a word that you want to speak about in your post. For example, if your mug says “BLESSED” you may hold that up in the foreground of your décor shot and speak about the ways God has blessed you in your life.
- Shelf Display: Whether you display your entire collection on shelves that fill up a hutch (or two!), or a few pieces here and there among other farmhouse décor items, it looks lovely on shelves! Another form of this type of display could be on a tiered tray; displaying mugs with other design elements, like succulents, makes for a pretty visual.
- Drink Station: If you have collected several RD mugs and canisters, this is a great excuse to create a fun coffee bar! Change it up seasonally for some extra fun. (Ex: Like a hot cocoa bar in the winter.) Grab your mug rack, some pretty antique silver spoons, a cute tray, plus your Rae Dunn coffee mugs and canisters, and you’ve got a beautiful vignette!
- Giveaways: Have some extra pieces that you don’t need or use? Host your own giveaway or ask some friends to join you in a giveaway on Instagram! This is a great way to meet new people and to grow your account!
What are your favorite ways to display your Rae Dunn collection? I’d love to hear!